A Tradition Of Excellence Since 1932
Richard A. Steinberg
- Real Estate Tax Appeals
Partner Richard A. Steinberg began his legal career as a member of the Tax Certiorari Division of the New York City Law Department. Mr. Steinberg started with the firm in 1977 and has since served as President of the Real Estate Tax Review Bar Association as well as Chair of the Committee on Condemnation and Tax Certiorari of the New York City Bar Association. He has argued matters before New York Court of Appeals, including a victory which resulted in a real estate tax exemption for an adult home in the City of Middletown, New York. He is currently a member of the board of directors of the Real Estate Tax Review Bar Association.
- St. John's University School of Law, Jamaica, New York
- J.D. - 1973
- Williams College, Williamstown, Massachusetts
- B.A. - 1969
- New York, 1974
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 1974
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, 1974
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit, 1974
- Waldbaum Inc. v. Finance Administrator, 74 N.Y.2d 128, 1989
- J.A.Green Construction Corp. v. Finance Administrator, 56 N.Y.2d 369, 1982
- Habern Realty Co. v. Tax Commission, 102 AD2d 302, 1984, 1st Dept.
- Dennison Holding Corporation v. Finance Administrator, 105 AD2d 700, 1984, 2nd Dept.
- Matter of Adult Home at Erie Station, Inc. v. Assessor and Board of Assessment Review of City of Middletown, 9N/Y.3d932, 2007
- City of New York, Assistant Corporation Counsel, 1974 to 1977
- Association of the Bar of the City of New York, Member, Committee on Condemnation and Tax Certiorari, 1993-1995; Chair, 1993-1998
- New York State Bar Association, Real Property Law Section, Member, 1990 to Present
- Association of the Bar of the City of New York, Member, Committee on Real Property Law, 1998 to 2001
- Real Estate Tax Review Bar Association, Director, 1992 to Present
- Real Estate Tax Review Bar Association, President, 2002 to 2004
Current Employment Position